We ensure that we keep abreast of all legislation to ensure a compliant service is provided to contractors and their agencies. Please see the standards we adhere to below and get in touch if you need further information.
AWR (Agency Workers Regulations)
- It is vital for our agency partners that our services meet their expectations regarding AWR.
- Our internal processes and technology combine to mitigate the risks associated with the management of AWR critical data.
MSC (Managed Service Company)
- Every contractor who works with Deep Blue is paid through a single PAYE process and as such, working with us insulates you from the risk of MSC legislation
- This piece of legislation is designed to tackle “disguised employment”. In some cases, where a contractor has worked for the same end-client for two years or more they can be deemed to be employed by them.
- Working through our umbrella company as an employee removes the risk of IR35.
Offshore Employment Intermediaries
- In the Budget of 2013, the UK government began a consultation regarding proposed legislation to strengthen obligations to ensure the correct amount of income tax and NIC is paid by offshore employment intermediaries. Deep Blue is a UK company and is therefore out-of-scope of this legislation.
Onshore Employment Intermediaries – False Self-Employment
- The UK Government brought forward the above proposed legislation to try and combat the growing trend of employment intermediaries that run self-employed schemes where HMRC would consider the contract to be employed.
- Deep Blue does not provide a self-employment product and as such we are not affected by this legislation.